St David’s History
There has been a visible Christian witness in Moreton since the 13th century, and the present church building is the third on the site. Built in 1858 by Joseph Gill of Bourton-on-the-Hill, it has undergone various changes since then, not least with a major reordering in 2004.
The town of Moreton owes its present form to a 13th century Abbot of Westminster, Richard of Barking, who in the late 1220s built the new town of Moreton in its present position along the Fosse Way. The church, however, is in the original settlement to the east of the Fosse Way still known as 'Old Town'.