The Mothers Union is an international Christian membership charity that aims to demonstrate the Christian faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide. We are working with people of all faiths and none in 83 countries to promote stable marriage, family life and the protection of children through praying, enabling and campaigning.
The worldwide membership is about 4 million, unmarried and married, men as well as women. St David's branch is just one of 40 branches in Gloucester Diocese. We see our role mainly as one of prayer support for the various projects carried out in the diocese and in the world. That includes prayer for families and individuals who live in our town.
The aims of the Mothers Union are:
- To promote and support married life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
The Moreton branch of the Mothers Union is 75 years old - founded on Lady Day (March 25th) 1941. We are a friendly and welcoming branch with around 15 members and we meet on the 4th Thursday of every month at St David's Centre for our meetings, and we also attend other MU events. Anyone is welcome to join us - for further information please contact Mary Newsom on 01608.652263.
Prayer Meeting: 1st Friday of each month, 2:30 pm, 2, University Farm
For the 2018 programme click on this link.